Saturday, October 19, 2019

The Lying Chains of Love

Love.
What solace can it bring?
From withered heart to wasted moor
I have seen no such thing

I have seen what men call love
It makes me yawn
I have seen what men call love
It is nothing, but a con

Drawn and quartered our beings are made to be
As we hold ourselves hand in hand
A universal chain to bind us all
Into the Pit we all fall down

This placid, baleful thing
Vinegar to a parched mouth
Acid to an open cut
Penny shavings in a beggar's eye

An insect who dresses as a man
Walking amongst us, he satiates himself
A disguise so perfect in it's beauty
The horror of it's reality makes it sublime

Love is a mask
Love is a fiction
Love is a joyless plundering of another's soul
Love is the lie to conceal our chains from one another's eye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text

To be left upon the bridge at dusk, taken in by time To look upon broken stone and see a magnificent sign A death, triumphant! I dance in ...